Duties and Responsibilities
The Clerk's office coordinates the scheduling of all functions at the township hall. Besides the various Township Board, Commission, and Committee meetings, meetings for homeowner, civic and other non-profit groups. The Clerk’s office also handles the large item drop-off day, some communications (newsletter), issuance of Solicitor’s Permits, and cemetery lot sales.
A Special Election of the Howell Public Schools will be held on Tuesday, November 7, 2023. Polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. This Election is for Brighton Township residents living in the Howell Public School District (Precinct 2).
Eligible electors who wish to obtain an absent voter ballot for this Election may download an application or contact the Clerk's Office at 810.229.0560. Absent voter applications will automatically be mailed out to those voters who have requested to be on the permanent absent voter application list.
Please note the last day to register for this election in any manner other than in-person with the local clerk is Monday, October 23, 2023. In-person registration with the local clerk with proof of residency is October 24 through 8:00 pm on November 7, 2023.
Absent voter ballot deadlines:
- The Clerk's Office will mail absentee ballots until 5:00 p.m. Friday prior to an election
- The Clerk's Office will issue a ballot in person (ballot must be voted at the Clerk's Office) until 4:00 p.m. the Monday prior to an election
- The Clerk's Office will be open the Saturday before the election from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for election related business
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)To submit a Freedom of Information Act request please fill out our online form here.
- Absent Voter Application (PDF)
- Committee Application (PDF)
- Election Inspector Application (PDF)
- Enhanced Electronic Records Request Application (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Procedures and Guidelines (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Written Public Summary (PDF)
- School District Map (PDF)
- Voting Precincts Map (PDF)