The Office of the Assessor is responsible for the assessing of real and personal property in the township. Property Transfer Affidavits and Principal Residence Exemption Affidavits are filed and maintained by this office.
Land splits and the issuance of tax identification numbers all fall under the responsibility of this office.
Personal Property records are also filed with this office.
The assessing department's main function is to maintain a record of each property in the township. The types of data maintained on assessment record cards are building sketches, legal descriptions, square footage and year built. This office also maintains section and plat maps.
Appeals of assessments are made to the Board of Review.
Appeals for denial of PRE and Board of Review Decisions are made to the Michigan Tax Tribunal via efile or mail. A form must be efiled or mailed to the MTT. For further details, please refer to their website.
Real Property Forms
- Application For Addressing (PDF)
- Conditional Rescission of Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) (PDF)
- Principal Residence Exemption Form (PDF)
- Property Transfer Affidavit (PDF)
- Qualified Agricultural Affidavit (PDF)
- Request to Rescind Principal Residence Exemption Form (PDF)
- State Tax Commission Affidavit for Disabled Veterans Exemption (PDF)